Wrestling News for Real Wrestling Fans!'s Journal|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
Wrestling News for Real Wrestling Fans!'s LiveJournal:
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Saturday, March 14th, 2009|
|Wednesday, January 28th, 2009|
WM25 rumors and thoughts
1. With the continuing rumor of an Austin farewell match at Wrestlemania 25 against Orton, how do you think the McMahons will screw Orton out of his title shot?
2. Why is WWE going to have a talented wrestler like Jericho job to Mickey Rourke?
3. What do you think of the Matt-Jeff feud?
4. Who will be in MITB this year? I'm guessing Rey, R-Truth, Finlay, Shelton, Miz , Kofi, Morrison and... Christian
5. Is there any chance we could see Cena v. Undertaker at WM25? If not, who will Cena face if it is not Orton? Current Mood: bored
|Wednesday, December 31st, 2008|
|Monday, December 29th, 2008|
|Sunday, December 21st, 2008|
Stephanie Against Jeff's Title Win
The decision to give Jeff Hardy the WWE Championship belt took place during a creative team meeting two weeks before the pay-per-view match at Armageddon. Vince McMahon first brought up the idea, which caught most of the creative team by surprise.
Ever since Rob Van Dam's drug possession arrest in July 2006 (who held two major title belts at the time) and all the drug related suspensions of September 2007, McMahon said they could never put a major title on someone who was at a high risk of being suspended because all of the creative team's major storyline plans would have to be overhauled not to mention that it would set a bad example.
At the creative team meeting two weeks ago, Stephanie McMahon was the only one to challenge Vince's idea of giving Jeff Hardy the WWE Championship, bringing up his own doctrine of a wrestler at a high risk of getting suspended receiving a major belt setting a bad example to the talent. Vince acknowledged the doctrine, but said in the short-term, his plan could work if Jeff handled the opportunity properly.
With WWE's rule of publicly releasing names of talent who fail drug tests putting enough pressure on them as it is, strapping the title on Hardy isn't going to make people say that they can fail a test with no punishment.
If somehow there is a relapse on Hardy's part before his title run comes to an end, McMahon made it clear he's immediately dropping the title as a failed drug test would of course mean the termination of their world champion because it's would be Jeff's third strike. McMahon said Hardy getting fired while champion would send the ultimate message to the locker room.
~Wrestling Observer Newsletter Current Mood: bouncy
|Saturday, December 20th, 2008|
The Full Backstage Story On Jeff Hardy's WWE Title Win
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that it was WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, the same individual who had once taken a strong stance against giving a top belt to a wrestler at risk of suspension, who made the decision to crown Jeff Hardy WWE Champion.
According to the story, McMahon made the call at a creative meeting two weeks before the Armageddon event. While the initial plans called for Edge to hold the belt until Backlash, at which point some sort of "twist" would be scripted to heighten interest on the SmackDown! side, the decision ultimately came down to McMahon and creative seeing more short-term value in a Hardy championship reign.
Those in favor felt that fans would rather watch Jeff Hardy keep the belt in the face of constant adversity from Hardy and Vickie Guerrero than see Edge sneakily retain the belt due to assistance from Guerrero, a storyline which has been heavily used in pro wrestling.
Regarding the example set by giving the belt to someone with Wellness Policy suspensions under his belt, Stephanie McMahon voiced her opposition to Hardy title reign. Vince addressed her concern by noting the value of the title victory if Hardy handled the opportunity well; his argument was also bolstered by the fact that WWE has not been shy about publicly suspending those who fail drug tests; WWE's history of following the policy assures that people will not start taking it lightly.
He also said that WWE would not be afraid to fire Champion Hardy, if necessary under the Wellness Policy, which would serve as a big message to talent about the seriousness of the drug policy.
credit - prowrestling.com Current Mood: bouncy
|Sunday, December 14th, 2008|
My Armageddon Predictions
Chris Jericho over John Cena To Win The TitleEdge over Triple H & Jeff Hardy To Retain The TitleTeam Victoria over Team Michelle McCoolRandy Orton over BatistaMatt Hardy over Vladimir KozlovFit Finlay over Mark HenryRey Mysterio over CM Punk Current Mood: annoyed
|Tuesday, December 9th, 2008|
JR Speaks on Christian and Gail Kim, RAW Notes, More
- Jim Ross appeared on the Monday Night Mayhem radio show this past week. He had some things to say regarding Gail Kim arriving in WWE, as well as the rumors of Christian Cage possibly returning to the organization. “He’s a quality human being,” Ross said regarding Cage. “As far as I know he still works for TNA. If he comes to WWE I’m sure he’s going to be given great opportunities and knowing him he’ll take advantage of them. Same with Gail Kim. She’s not quite on the level, we’re talking about a Kurt Angle or Christian but in the Diva realm, she’s certainly established a great reputation and a great following for her work that she has done for the last couple of years. She’s improved immensely. So all those people, anytime you can find people that can help your team, you should pursue it.”
- Monday night’s Raw taping at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C. drew 8,500 fans, a bit lower than what WWE usually draws in the Nation’s Capital. When WWE was in D.C. for Raw back in July, I believe the arena was sold out. Although, tickets went on sale mere days after the last event, which could explain the lower than usual turnout. The next event to be held at the Verizon Center looks to be in nearly a year as they have Survivor Series scheduled next November. The last time they held a “big four” pay-per-view in D.C. was SummerSlam 2005, and they didn’t hold an event there for over a year prior. Current Mood: awake
|Sunday, December 7th, 2008|
Jeff Hardy expected to get a WWE title run
A few weeks ago, the Sunday morning news on Jeff Hardy involved WWE's storyline with Hardy "being found unconscious in a stairwell" at a local Boston hotel prior to Survivor Series.
Matt Hardy says he has no such worries about Jeff in real-life, though.
"I think these days Jeff gets a bad rap for some of these things, because Jeff is really good and he's in a great place in his life," Matt Hardy told Mike Mooneyham in the Charleston Post-Courier. "There was a time, if you go back to 2003, had you asked me if I was worried about Jeff, I would have told you that I really was worried about Jeff. Now I have zero worries about him."
Matt says he doesn't even worry when he sees Jeff take huge risks in the ring (or out of the ring on the floor) because Jeff is a free spirit who usually is in control of his body.
"It's no big deal for him to take some kind of huge risk, and he really doesn't worry about the consequences," Matt said. "Sometimes in life that's how it is. It's hard for him to live in a system to a degree. But Jeff is actually doing real well right now."
Does he think WWE will take the next step with Jeff and put the WWE Title on him, which is currently held by Edge?
"I think WWE will pull the trigger on him. I hope they do because it's something he totally deserves," Matt said. "He's sacrificed his body and everything he has for the professional wrestling/sports entertainment business through WWE. I think it'll happen sooner rather than later. Jeff has really grown up and matured a lot inside." Current Mood: accomplished
|Thursday, December 4th, 2008|
Batista Speaks on Vince-Hogan and Dating Kelly Kelly
- WWE Superstar Batista was a guest on the WJFK radio morning show the other morning and revealed that he dated Kelly Kelly a few months ago. "She's just a young girl," he said. "She was a little immature for a 21 year-old." He said their age difference was the main reason the relationship didn't last. Batista also said he became star struck when he saw 58-year-old actress Morgan Fairchild at the Democratic National Convention earlier this year. "Hey, I'm old, man," he said when the hosts laughed at him.
Batista also stated that he was once stuck in a limousine with Vince McMahon and Hulk Hogan. Batista said it was an "uncomfortable" situation for him to be in. "They started touching on a few things and I thought, 'Man, I wish I wasn't here.'" He added that he accidentally offended Hogan once by doing a bad impersonation of him while being interviewed on ESPN.
credit - prowrestling.com Current Mood: sick
|Monday, December 1st, 2008|
WWE RAW Preview: 3 Matches Announced
WWE.com is advertising the following matches for tonight's edition of WWE Monday Night RAW:
- World Heavyweight Champion John Cena vs. Kane.
- John Morrison vs. Finlay in a No. 1 contender tournament for the Intercontinental Title.
- The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio in a No. 1 contender tournament for the Intercontinental Title.
The dark match advertised for tonight's show is John Cena vs. Chris Jericho vs. Batista in a triple threat match for the World Heavyweight Championship. Current Mood: sick
|Tuesday, November 25th, 2008|
Update on the WWE Releases, WWE Stars Out Last Night
- WWE.com recently conducted an interview with sidelined superstar Evan Bourne. On the topic of his injury Bourne said “There’s nothing I hate more than watching from the sidelines…If I could take off this big cast they stuck me in, I would get in the ring. But it’s a serious injury.” As we reported here several weeks ago, Bourne is expected to miss up about 4 months of ring time. Bourne also noted that he has had his eye on the ECW Championship since 1999.
- WWE may have strategically made the decision to release their latest round of wrestlers over the course of several weeks as opposed to all at the same time. The report suggests that the move was done to appease Wall Street, and to let them know that they are constantly evaluating their talent and making cut backs when necessary. In addition, it’s being said that releasing talent one-by-one as opposed to all at once keeps the talent on their toes, and ensures they are always on their best behavior, as cuts could happen at anytime.
- Several WWE Superstars and Divas including Randy Orton, Umaga, Brian Kendrick, Mickie James, Candice Michelle, R-Truth, Matt Striker, Eve Torres, Jeff Hardy and others were spotted at a popular Asian restaurant in Boston last night. It should be noted that John Cena, Sr. and Gail Kim were also there.
credit - prowrestling.com Current Mood: accomplished
|Monday, November 24th, 2008|
So, once again the WWE Universe is being held hostage by John Cena. I knew he would be champ again one day, I just hoped they would do an extended feud with Jericho first.
Edge regaining the title was a surprise. But are we getting a HHH-Edge feud or a Jeff Hardy-Edge feud? And where does Undertaker fit into all of this? Current Mood: hungover
|Sunday, November 23rd, 2008|
anyone else looking forward to this filmThe Wrestler
it looks incredible.
|Saturday, November 22nd, 2008|
My Survivor Series Predictions
The Undertaker over The Big ShowTriple H over Jeff Hardy & Vladimir Kozlov To Retain The TitleTeam Batista over Team OrtonTeam HBK over Team JBLTeam Raw over Team SmackdownJohn Cena over Chris Jericho To Win The Title Current Mood: accomplished
|Wednesday, November 12th, 2008|
RAW Rating, Update on the WWE Releases and More
- Monday's RAW taped from England scored a 3.14 cable rating with hours of 3.11 and 3.17. Stay tuned for more RAW ratings data.
- Elijah Burke is now accepting bookings at firstname.lastname@example.org. He did not have a non-compete agreement with WWE so he can start working now.
- Speaking of Burke, it is said that he and Kenny Dykstra were among the few wrestlers who would be brought in for pay-per-views or TV tapings and end up leaving the arena in the middle of the show, only to be spotted at a local restaurant or bar later on.
- The general feeling in the WWE locker room is that more talent cuts are coming soon.
credit - prowrestling.com Current Mood: shocked
|Tuesday, November 11th, 2008|
Jim Ross On Elijah Burke's Release, RAW Problems, More
Jim Ross has posted his latest blog entry. Ross wrote this blog from overseas in the UK, where WWE is currently touring. Some highlights:
- Listening to Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura doing commentary on a Gene Okerlund hosted WWE broadcast. Lots of fun, the broadcast team was great in the 80’s.
- Raw was wild and “raw” Monday night with many behind the scenes TV production challenges or so I was told by those that were there. Getting ready to watch it in a few moments.
- Manchester is one of approximately 16 WWE sellouts on this tour. We are recording 2 Friday nite Smackdowns Tuesday nite. Hope the pipes hold out. These Smackdowns will take us right up to the Survivor Series in Boston.
- Watching Dynamite Kid as I write this. He was pretty damn amazing.
- Elijah Burke’s whereabouts are now well know as he was cut by the WWE in recent hours. Burke is a good talker and if I were him in addition to staying in wrestling, if he chooses, I would give Hollywood a shot. Tough break for Elijah but he cannot look at it as the world’s end. Current Mood: cold
|Saturday, November 8th, 2008|
Is Randy Orton currently a heel? Recently there have been times where it is difficult to tell. Current Mood: confused